Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Judging Characters

Some of these are kind of late.  I blame my work schedule.
  •  This profile certainly makes Janet Napolitano seem like one of the cooler cabinet secretaries("Napolitano has been known to close down a bar or two in her time") 
  • Brendan Nyhan easily deflates the Obama as "Polarizer in chief" narrative (credit Gary Jacobson with an assist on this one, or vis versa)
  • Being a Blue Devil can be hazardous to one's political ambitions in the Bluegrass state
  • It's about time somebody speaks up about the absurd growth of unpaid internships
  • Jeff Toobin's article on John Paul Stevens (At the moment, most succession speculation revolves around Merrick Garland, Elena Kagan, and Diane Wood.  Tom Goldstein, who knows a lot about this sort of thing, is betting on Kagan. I like Garland's chances and I like what I've heard about him so far. I haven't read as much about Diane Wood but I like her Texas ties and I hear she's brilliant. She would definitely be the most interesting pick of these three.

No comments:

Post a Comment